| This article is an example to follow.
This article exceeds the quality standards of this wiki. You can learn from its example and see how articles should be done: look at how subtitles, galleries, the way how the information is expressed and ordered, etc.
A main character of Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins in English).
She is the snake of envy (and certainly she is jealous).
Until her side story, it has been seen that she is the only giantess of the series.
She is a young-looking woman with brown hair, which is usually tied in two ponytails.
As for her clothing, this is basically composed of a suit composed of a single piece of orange, which exposes the whole of her legs, in addition to this, she uses orange boots just like her suit that stretch by her legs almost to the height of her knees. On most occasions, in addition, she usually wears a metallic blue glove in her right hand.
It is variable and depends on the situation:
- When faced with enemies or people who bother her, she becomes aggressive.
- In other cases, she is friendly and defends others.
The snake of envy
Being a member of The Seven Deadly Sins, she was assigned as the sin of envy, represented by a serpent (and carries a tattoo of this animal on her left leg).
She is also jealous when she sees other women interacting with Meliodas, falsely believing that Meliodas "is putting the horns on her".
Powers and abilities
- Great strength and endurance.
- Domain of the land (can manipulate at will).
Her sacred treasure: Gideon
Gideon is a giant hammer (like her) that, being equipped, drastically increases her forces and gives her new abilities, such as lifting giant clusters of land and rock to launch them against the enemy.
King isn't a giantess fetishist or macrophile
The reason King is in love with Diane is because he had a strong relationship in the past with her. When Diane changed to "normal size," King showed no reaction.
About her size
9.15/1.65 = 5.45
Which means she's about 5 times higher than normal.
Why she hates her size?
While her size gives it great strength and endurance, it also causes disadvantages like not being able to adapt to the world that surrounds her, that is to say:
- She can not enter human structures (houses, buildings).
- Every time a (common) human sees her, that human is frightened.
- It's expensive to feed her.
- Her size, according to Diane, is inappropriate to be able to have a relationship with Meliodas (her current lover).
Because the gallery is very large (2712 images), it has been chosen to fragment it:
|Fragment (click to enter)||Description|
|Signs of Holy War||
Some important images
- Although in the Anglophone countries she is known as Diane, in Spanish speaking countries she is known as Diana.
- She was the second capital sin to join in the adventures of Princess Elizabeth.
- If at 750 years old she is (relatively) about 15 (human) years old, then every 50 years is 1 year for the race of giants.
- However, this statement is contradictory since a question corner states that 820-year-old Matrona would be 24-25 if she was a human, meaning Diane would be in her early 20s.
- Diane, as a fictional character, is one of the best built.
- While it is true that it follows the cliché of "powerful giantess that violates quadratic-cubic law", she gives an unusual approach to her size: it detests being giantess (and with reasons that were mentioned before), which is uncommon to see in giant fictional characters.
- She moves away from the overexploited extremist stereotypes of "an irrational giantess proud of her size who likes to abuse her power and cause destruction" (evil) and that of "giganta forcibly kind that would not hurt a fly" (gentle); on the contrary, she is located at the middle point of these stereotypes, because rationally (and at the appropriate moments in history) they show both the friendly side and their brutal side towards certain characters.