It is a series of video games based on Gradius with strikingly funny graphics (for the Japanese).
There is no interesting story. It's just the same graphically modified Gradius game so you have quirky elements.
This series consists of several games since 1988:
- Parodius: The Octopus Saves the Earth (1988, MSX)
- Parodius! From Myth to Laughter (1990, arcade)
- Parodius! Deluxe Edition (2004, Mobile Phone, for Konami Net DX)
- Fantastic Parodius - Pursue the Glory of the Past (1994, arcade)
- Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius (1995, Super Famicom)
- Sexy Parodius (1996, arcade)
- Paro Wars (1997, PlayStation)
- Little Pirates (1998, Pachislot)
- CR Parodius Da! EX (2000, Pachinko)
- CR Parodius Da! ZE (2000, Pachinko)
- CR Parodius Da! 2 (2000, Pachinko)
- CR Saikoro Tin Douty (2004, Pachinko)
- CR Gokujō Parodius! (2006, Pachinko)
- Gokuraku Parodius (2010, Pachislot)
- Gokuraku Parodius A (2010, Pachislot)
And where are the gigantas?
Of all the bosses that have had the series Parodius some are human women. Because the character you control is relatively smaller with respect to the bosses, then GTS community appreciate that. The following will show a gallery where these bosses appear: